Here are some tips that might inspire your own professional wardrobe.
Tip #1: Think comfort and versatility. Black pants and a black blazer paired with an interesting shirt that adds color can take a classy chick a long way. If you have a job like me, you do a lot of walking, attend a lot of meetings and even have the occasional press conference or major event to tend to.
Tip #2: Start from a neutral base and add pops of color. Find a look that works for you and suits your job and duplicate it with a twist. The more you can mix and match your wardrobe the more options you will have.
Tip #3: Choose pieces that can easily take you from day to night. Don't forget to pack your clutch inside of your tote for easy transitioning.
Tip #4: When it comes to work parties and dinner events, keep it classy. Cover up your lady bits while staying youthful and chic. (Side note: one or two cocktails is always classy and fun. Don't get sloppy drunk. Trust me you will regret it and no one will forget it.)
Work Holiday/New Years Party by Millenial featuring kate spade bags
To recap, consider the following when adding to your professional wardrobe:
- Start with neutral staple pieces.
- Always have one piece that is interesting and funky (i.e., jewelry, scarf, top, shoes).
- When wearing heels, always keep a pair of flats close at hand.
- Find totes that are large enough to fit clutches.
- Make sure that your outfits are actually work appropriate. That means covering up your lady bits.
What tips do you have for dressing as a young professional?
With whatever you do, keep it classy.